Solvent-free composite has a wide range of applications. With the advantages of environmentally friendly, hygiene, high efficiency, the solventless laminator is especially applied for the flexible packaging industry.
What Is Solventless Laminator
Solventless lamination is a method for the composite of two or more substrates using a solvent-free adhesive. The solventless laminator is the equipment which can be applied for a solvent-free adhesive composite. Composite substrates mainly include BOPP, PET, NYLON, CPP, PE, VMPET, VMCPP, PVC, aluminum foil, paper, etc.
Types of solventless laminator
There’re three types of solventless laminator including types of exclusive solvent-free, the combination of solvent-free and dry compound, multifunctional combination.
Exclusive solvent-free laminator is only used for solventless composite, once molding with two-layer structure or three-layer structure. It can be classified into types of manual roll changing and automatic roll changing.
The equipment adopting the combination techniques of solvent-free and dry compound can be used for solventless composite and the coating unit can be switched. This type of equipment can be connected with two machines, thereby achieving a one-time molding of three-layer structure. For example, the first machine produces PET / AL adopting a dry compound method and the second machine can complete the composite of PET / Al and PE using a solventless method.
The Multi-function type equipment can achieve solventless, dry compound, PVDC coating, cold sealing positioning coating, hot melt adhesive coating, reverse printing, etc, through switching coating units.
Work Principle Of Solventless Laminator
The mostly used solventless laminator has a structure of two-layer composite, a single station unwinding, which mainly constitutes of an unwinding unit and coating unit as a first-layer, and an unwinding unit, a composite unit, a rewinding unit. The structure of the solventless laminating machine includes a two-roller device, a winding device, and solvent-free adhesive coating composite equipment. The outstanding feature is that after entering the composite through a special coating device, it is not necessary for drying. The solventless composite machine satisfies the requirement of a solvent-free adhesive coating,which is a significant difference from the solvent drying compound equipment. The solvent-free machine has precise control for the temperature of the coating equipment, relying on the adjustment of temperature and the viscosity of the adhesive for promoting the coating application. It is equipped with a closed-loop tension controller which can strictly control the winding tension.
Advantages Of Solventless Laminator Applied In Flexible Packaging Industry
Solventless laminator has many advantages such as reducing cost, improve product quality, environmental protection, safety and stability production, which has a high production practical value.
1.Taking the WRJ i9 series solventless lamination machine as an example, solvent composite is safer and more healthy, compared with the ordinary dry compound process, 100% of the adhesive can be achieved when using WRJ I9 Series laminator, because there is no solvent composite in the production process, avoiding the use of organic solvents, at all solve the residual solvents problem. Solvent-free composite is a healthier composite process. And there is no solvent residue, reducing the contamination of packaging content, especially for the packaging of food, pharmaceuticals, etc.
2. Solventless composite equipment can reduce production costs. It doesn’t have a drying channel, so the structure is compact, with small occupied space. The equipment cost is low, which can significantly reduce the cost of composite film production.
3. In general, the coating amount solvent-free composite is usually from 1.3-1.8 g / m2, while dry composite is 2.5-4 g / m2, and therefore, the amount of adhesive consumption can be reduced by about 50% compared to dry composite. Although solvent-free glue has a higher price, the overall raw material cost can also decrease by about 20%.
4. There’s no solvent-type adhesive and can reduce energy consumption. At the same time, eliminating the long-time volatility of the solvent adhesive in a drying oven.
5. Solvent-free machine has a high-speed composition production line and the highest speed can reach 480m/minute, generally approximately at 300m/minute, with high production efficiency.
6. The structure of the solvent lamination machine is compact with fewer operators, reducing labor costs.
7. Solventless composite has a high safety and fire and explosion risk can be reduced to the minimum. The factory and production workshops do not require special measures for fire prevention, explosion-proof.
Solventless laminator adopts green environment-protection technology. It has occupied a high market share in Europe and the United States, accounting for 80% to 90% of the composite machine. It can ensure the non-pollution of the composite packaging of food & drugs, increasingly applied to the composite film packaging industry and the flexible packaging industry.
Lingfang Avenue, Rongchang Industrial Zone, Chongqing, China
Sinstar Packaging Machinery Co., Ltd is a professional supplier who’s engaged in the research, development, production, sales and service of non solvent laminating machines with annual production capacity of 200 sets.